Buttons and transitions

I have a problem with buttons and transitions and it is similar to a problem I had a couple of days ago that I posted and that was sorted out.

I’ll try my best to explain.

I have two buttons onstage (they’re inside a movie clip) inside the movie, on the button one I have the following code:

on (release) {
if (_root.externaltwo._currentframe == 7) {
_root.externaltwo.gotoAndPlay(8);
}

gotoAndPlay(2);

}

I have similar code on button two and this does indeed make the buttons move into place as required. My problem is this, I need to load in external swf files into an empty movie clip on the main stage called container. These External SWF files have transitions and this is where my problem is. If I place a normal button on the stage it works but not if the button is inside a movie clip and has actions applied as above. The code next is what I have believe should also be placed on the button to make swf transition one load in.

on (release) {
if (_root.currMovie == undefined) {
_root.currMovie = “externalone”;
container.loadMovie(“externalone.swf”);
} else if (_root.currMovie != “externalone”) {
if (container._currentframe == container.midframe) {
_root.currMovie = “externalone”;
container.play();
}
}
}
Obviously a similar code would be placed on button two so the transitions could take place.

I am uploading my file so you can see exactly what I am talking about. Also in this file will be a folder containg a version that works but without the buttons moving up and down which is the effect I wish to have

I hope you can help.

Thank you