CacheAsBitmap or draw() - Quick question

Hi,

I’m currently building a huge map made from tiles for a game I’m making and I was wondering, which method is better. Please note, these tiles will be moved around the stage, however , no modifications like changing scale or rotation will be used.

[INDENT]1. To either attachMovie() all my tiles into one movieclip to hold them all. Then to set cacheAsBitMap to true.
[/INDENT]
Or

[INDENT]2. To attach all my tiles into one movieclip, then by using the draw() function, to draw all my tiles in the movieclip onto a bitMap and attachBitmap that to the stage, and then remove all my movieclips from the stage as they are no longer needed.
[/INDENT]
Which method do you think is better? On my computer, I can see no noticable change in framerate, and they both seem pretty fast. The draw() method does seem to give a slightly smoother scrolling animation, but on looking back, they both seem to stagger at times, although overall a smooth scrolling animation.

Which method is better in terms of performance and memory?

Also, bitMapData has a limit of 2880pixels in height and width, but does this apply to movieclips which have cacheAsBitmap turned on?

Thanks