Calling a Flash File from JSP page

I am calling a JSP page from a Flash File and passing 4 parameters to it. Again I am calling another Flash File from that JSP page. And passing those parameters to new Flash file. But I have to use JavaScript for setting the variables of the New Flash File.

Is there any other way to set the variables of the Flash File without using JavaScript.

If yes then how i can do that?

Plz help me.

waiting for reply from Flash Gurus.

Nikhil.

Hello,
Javascript is the best way to send variables to the Flash file and vice-versa. You may try a more complicated method of sending the information through HTTP headers. Like ASP files use similar syntaxes like:

http://www.kirupa.com/test.asp?file=intro.swf

The above URL was just an example. You can do it similarly in JSP as well, but it takes a lot more time using HTTP. Javascript is supported in Flash by using the FSCommand.

I hope that helped. If you have any questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to reply back.

Regards,
Kirupa Chinnathambi
[email protected]

ok. I got that JavaScript is the best possible way of passing the variables to a Flash 4 file.
But I want to know how u can pass the variable sto a Flash 4 File in differebt ways. I want to know all the possible ways of passing variables from JSP page to Flash 4 file.

waiting for help.
thanks.

Nikhil.

Hello Again,
Use Post under the GetURL option. Enter the variables that you may use in the variables area. You may also use Get to receive date like that as well.

Regards,
Kirupa Chinnathambi
[email protected]