Cause and Effect: Actionscript

Hey guys,

I’m working on my first full flash site and found Kirupas tutorial very helpful, however its also very simple. I want some kind of animation/movie clip to happen when the user clicks on a menu link, can anyone show me a tutorial or explain the process of doing this? so basicaly I have my main page, the user clicks Button1, some sort of fancy animation takes place, and they are taken to Page1 - im sure there’s alot of Actionscript involved, it all depends on the kind of animation I want to happen right? I’m mainly wondering how to link all the components together so it will work.

Thx guys, John

Uh oh, is this going to be another multi-page thread by leo and lost? I guess we will see :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok, are you loading your movies using loadMovie()?

If so, you can just create your “intro” animation before the content. That way when you load the movie, it will play the animation and then show the content :slight_smile:

I havent started my intro yet… right now im working on the main website. It’s basically the same idea as Kirupas Tutorial found here (http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx/full_site.asp).

I have that part working fine, but I want to spice it up a bit. So when the user clicks on a button, an animation will take place, say some lines fly across the screen, then the user is taken to the page.

What is the best way to do this? should I make a new movie clip, then somehow link to that with a “gotoandplay” on the button?? or is there a better way to do it…

btw, I am loading using LoadMovie()

'preciated, John

Well as I said before

If you are using loadMovie you can create your animation inside the movie you are load.

Let’s say frame 1-20 are the intro type animation, then after that your content is displayed. The viewer will click the link, the animation will play and the content will show.

This is the easiest way to do it.

aaahh yes I see what you mean, that does sound simple… thx alot for that one lost!!

• John

No problem:)

U know, I’ve been buggin’ my brain for weeks with this thing, and after i figure it out, i see the answer EVERYWHERE!!

snort

SO not fair…

Haha, I think whats funnier about it, is that everyone looks for the way to do it in AS, but really the answer is right in front of them it is just so simple that they overlook it :slight_smile: