CD storage

can someone give me the low down on storing files on a cd? i am using windows XP pro. i know you don’t have to have a special program to write files to a cd, but is there a good one that you prefer over windows? also, some blank cds work and some don’t. what’s your best method?

thanks

I use Nero, it’s great.

for data cd’s, i always just use windows explorer in xp. hasn’t failed me yet. i use nero for audio cd’s.

I have a HP Pavilion computer so for those that have one too, I have been using RecordNow that comes as extra software. Its easy to use because the main menu has three options: 1) Copy an Audio CD 2) Copy audio files from your C:/ to blank 3) Data Disk.

what’s the best way to clear(format) a CD with existing files? this thread pertains to writing data files to CDs…150 MB FLAs.

thanks

i don’t use cd-rw’s. i always had problems w/them. blank cd-r’s are so cheap it just seems easier to use them instead.

what’s the best way to clear(format) a CD with existing files? this thread pertains to writing data files to CDs…150 MB FLAs.

Use Nero or whatever you use for burning and select “erase”. It takes me 1min to erase a standard 700mb cd-rw. Writing data files to cd-rws are ok even though they take long to burn it but using them over and over again might kill their quality. Get good cdrws.