Changes: Need Input?

Glad you asked. :smiley:

Personally, I would like to see more organization of the tutorials. I find it a little bit confusing when Iā€™m in a tutorial to find my way around. Iā€™m not saying like a strict numbered list because I like the freedom of choosing the tutorial that meets my need. Itā€™s just that I find myself lost a little bit when Iā€™m in them. Maybe they should be categorized?

I love the ā€œfamous flash sitesā€ page. There are some sweet sites on there. Maybe this could be expanded and categorized (?). For example, lynda.com organizes site links very well.

Perhaps a glossary of basic terms would be good also (that can be linked from inside the tutorials). Not just Flash terms, but html, java, and asp terms as well (?). I find that a majority of Flash newbies have little or none html, etc., knowledge.

On that note, some html lessons/tutorials would be fantastic if youā€™re interested in going that route! I for one would be thankful. Maybe even a forum for this as well.

Well, thatā€™s all for now but Iā€™m sure my mind will churn out some more. I really enjoy the site, kirupa! I wish I had started at your age. You make this 29-year old feel ancient. :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: Oops, didnā€™t notice the ā€œgeneral helpā€ forum. However, it did make me think that separate forums for html (or other web-coding languages) and design would be great.

Iā€™d love to help anyone with design problems especially with Freehand or Photoshop.

I like your ideas, Time2design, even though I donā€™t think that HTML is really the subject. Donā€™t get me wrong, Iā€™m a dick at HTML too, and I would certainly need some lessons.
pom 0]

Thanks, and good point about the html, pom.

Thinking about that, I think youā€™re right; probably is off topic of the site. However, what Iā€™d really like to see is html help that ties into Flash only. Or, actually, any web-programming language that ties into Flash. That would be great!

Iā€™d really go for something like that and I think most Flash designers from a design background (rather than a programming background) would really like this.

You do have a good point there time2! Iā€™m studying like heck for my SAT (standardized exam) which will be in a few weeks; after that I should have enough time to incorporate all those changes. I think some of the tutorials could use better navigation between sections, etc!

Thanks,
Kirupa

i can help out with the actionscript workshop, maybe we can set up little ā€œclassesā€ to teach this foreign language. maybe a chat client will help with this?

Hey thor!
That will really help, but I find that the chat room is mostly empty lol. Instead of using a chat room, maybe we can provide our AIM names and when any of us comes on, we can maybe provide some help?

What I was thinking was like an index like set of pages with some snippets of ActionScript, an example, and description. Kinda like what Moock did on his book :wink:

Just an idea :slight_smile:

Real quick (and Iā€™m sure youā€™ve thought of this before), howā€™s about a chat room with hosted events?

I know this seems cheesy at first but I canā€™t help to think that it would be nice to chat to you or the mods for a quick half-hour or one-hour session on various topics.

?

t2d

yeah, thatā€™s what i suggested two posts ago, but it seems the chat rooms are open. now if we were to sort of advertise when a certain of us will be on, then weā€™ll hold sessions.

you could just do chat rooms thru AIM. just a suggestionā€¦:slight_smile:

hello every one and once more kirupa u r doing a fantastic job i really love this site and i was never so deeply involved in flash before but after i visited ur site and posted some queries and i jus culdnt belive the reply i got and from that day onwards i was getting flash addicted.
Now i totally agree with pom when he said that we shuld have some tutorials on how to create a flash site coz itz really very important for us to know the very basics of createing a site abd where do we put the menus and buttons and things like that.
So i think that very soon u shuld be up with something like that.
And Once Again Great Job.
Ebu

Thanks ebu! Iā€™m glad you found my site a great source of interest in learning Flash. I will definitely create a tutorial on that topic!

Cheers,
Kirupa

Hey Kirupa, I made something about the attachMovie function. A few images missing here and there, but itā€™s there. Wanna see it ?
www.multimania.com/ilyaslā€¦orial.html
I took the presentation from Jubba, thatā€™s why you get that Angelfire crapā€¦
pom 0]

Hey Pom,
The tutorial is really nice! I will upload the animations you sent me shortly to my site; I donā€™t mind the file size of the animations. Itā€™s good enough to justify the wait people will have to go through :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Kirupa

KIRUPA! i posted in the ACTIONSCRIPT i have my clock tutorial done, and the url is posted in the actionscript forum too.

www.angelfire.com/dc/vidgā€¦orial.html

and Pomā€¦thanks for stealing my source, but thats ok, I stole the basic layout and source from Thoriphesā€™ Random Letter Cycling tutorial. :slight_smile:

Thoriphes, who took it fromā€¦
pom 0]

lol yeahā€¦thats how it goesā€¦the same code gets used 18,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,001 times.

WHAT?>!>!>!>! that is purely 100% homemade source code, there frenchy. thatā€™s my effect. i own that junx. i am its daddy. when you see something like that on the internet somewhere, it came from me (i get a lot of emails asking me if they could use it for their site, hmā€¦sound like an idea there, jubba?). well i canā€™t rant about it, it was open source as well, but should anyone ever ask who created such a thingā€¦twas i, thoriphes.

ok, so maybe iā€™m getting a lil too far with thisā€¦hey, iā€™m bored. just promise me this: donā€™t go around saying you made it up. thatā€™s the least anyone could do for me to keep the codes coming.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: ROFLMAO
Donā€™t worry, Tho, I was talking about the HTML source, not the Flash sourceā€¦ Donā€™t tell me that you made up that HTML by yourself !
pom 0]

i posted twice cuz iā€™m a moron

Yeah, we werenā€™t talking about the flash, we was talking about the HTML. Thats the source that i stole, and i took it from Kirupa, just so that I could make my page in the right format so that it would be easier for Kirupa to put on his site. I realize that the Flash was yours and bravo cuz its amazingā€¦