Chart with Flash MX

Hi guys,

I am new to this forum, so if there is any rules violation and stuff please do let me know :slight_smile:

This site is real cool, I found lots of resources, knowledge and tips and etc here. But for the past few days, I have tried my best to look for one solution throughout the web but can find none, so I need help from you guys.

Previously my company used Macromedia Generator in a project to create dashboard, line chart, bar chart and stuff. Then we just java servlet and jsp to carry some values to the html page, pass the values into generator param, eg:

<PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="$imagePath/dashboard.swt?value1=$value.getValue1()&value2=$value.getValue2()&value3=$value.getHex()">

When macromedia announce the release of FlashMX, Generator become obsolete. So my client decide to switch to FlashMX. Now the problem comes, in FlashMX, all those generator components are no longer there. All of us have no idea how to create those chart in FlashMX.

I would like to ask:

1. Will FlashMX be able to generate chart like what Generator can?

2. If FlashMX can, can anyone be kind enough to show me some samples & actionscripts? or give some idea on how to do this?

Thanks a lot.

what kind of chart?

are you dealing with a set number of variables, or does it need to scale?

you have to download MX Charting components available at www.macromedia.com/exchange. These include components for line, bar, and pie charts.

If you used Generator, these should be easy for you.

Good luck.

Hey Iammontoya thanks a lot of the information :smiley: