Clearing numeric fields

I have created a Flash 5 Movie which contains numerous input fields.\rThe\rvariables assigned to some of these fields have been converted into\rnumeric format using the Actionscript command Variable =\rNumber(Variable)

I asume this is actually in reply to my parsInt(?); thread… I appreciate you thinking on this, if that’s the reason for this post. I’ll give it a try, though I think I already went this route. I’ll let you know if it helps my php inputed data.

\rUnfortunately no this was a problem I am having with a Flash Project which I have created to act as a calculator. I am having trouble clearing the fields. It would appear that the\rfull text of my post didn’t appear. \r\rSo I have reposted my intended message.\r\rI have created a Flash 5 Movie which contains numerous input fields.\r\rThe variables assigned to some of these fields have been converted into numeric format using the Actionscript command Variable = Number(Variable);\r\rIs there a way where I can clear the contents of the fields that have\rbeen converted which does not involve assigning zero to the variable\rin question.\r\rI have tried using variable = “”; but it seems to cause problems when\ryou attempt to perform another calculation.\r\rAny help or examples in resolving this would be most appreciated.\r\rKind Regards,\rBMM

But if it helps you then thats a bonus.

lol… it didn’t. :frowning: \r\rI’ll think about your problem, but I’ve never heard of another way of doing what you’re talking about except variable=""\r\ris there anyway that you can assign the variables using the “vars” feature? If so, they would only be used for that particular script, and then discarded until called again. It’s very useful in functions when you don’t want those variables set.