Coding Challenge - #28: Deep Clone Object

Write a function deepClone(obj) that returns a deep copy of a given nested object or array containing primitive values. For example, modifying a nested property in the clone returned by deepClone({ a: 1, b: { c: 2 } }) must not modify the original object.

function deepClone(obj) {
  // Your code here
}

Rules:

  • Must handle nested objects and arrays of arbitrary depth.
  • Must properly preserve primitive data types (numbers, strings, booleans, null).
  • Do not use structuredClone() or JSON.parse(JSON.stringify()).

Post your solution as a reply. Answer goes up in about a day.

I always think about this like building a physical model. You have to make sure each piece is a new one, not just pointing to the old one. If you use the same brick, changing it changes the original wall. For code, I guess it’s like iterating through each part and making a new copy. I’m not sure how to handle all the different types though. :thinking: