Cool Effect

I am trying to find out what the cool effect used in Sci-Fi Commercials, and the zion docking bay scene in “The Matrix: Reloaded” as well as in “Minority Report” is called. It involves semi-transparent menus floating in space, being manipulated by fingers and sliding things back and forth. It looks really schmoothe and im working to capture its smoothocity in PS. But i was wondeing what it was called so maybe I could do some research on it. Thnx in advance!! :goatee: