[CS4][AS2] Looking for elegant transition solution for dynamically loaded Jpegs

Hello everyone, this is my first post here - I’m moderately experienced with the basics of flash and time line editing, but I am a total novice with action script.

I’m making the first flash based website I’ve done for years, and it’s going to involve a 60 strong image gallery, I want to start dynamically loading images into the swf from external folders to avoid bloating the file size of the movie and also to try and automate more of the production without having to do too much .fla editing every single time the gallery is updated (which it will be frequently)

Right now, I have a very simple test gallery (using 2 clickable thumbnail buttons and 2 externally loaded jpegs) using the following code on a single timeline frame action:

b1.onRelease = function() {
startLoading(“picture1.jpg”);
};
b2.onRelease = function() {
startLoading(“picture2.jpg”);
};

function startLoading(whichImage) {
loadMovie(whichImage, “template”);
_root.onEnterFrame = function()
{}
}

The 2 buttons are called b1 and b2, and “template” is the instance name of the empty movie clip I am loading external jpegs into.

Right now things work but I don’t like the instant “pop” of the way each image appears when you click a thumbnail - I’m looking for an elegant actionscript solution which will fade the template movieclip to “0 alpha” then load in the external jpeg - at which point then fade the template movieclip back to “100 alpha”

Any ideas?