Does anyone get what I mean?

Hi all, I’m trying to make a page with say a 1 inch border down the left of the screen, this will contain my buttons. The idea is when you click a button the content on the right hand side will change but not the border…\rThe border or box on the left will allways stay the same but the content on the right of the screen will change with every click of a button.\rI’ve seen it before somewhere but I can’t remember where, and I’m puzzled as to whether this is a “load mov” or a “tell target” mmmmm I just can’t piece it all together.\r\rAny ideas! someone? \rI’m sure if I can get the effect I want it would make a great tut for alot of us newbies :wink: in fact I’m possotive of that :slight_smile: \r\rAny thoughts are seriously appreciated people…

is this html (frames) or flash?\rif flash, it’s really simple!\roption1: have your order with buttons in a layer which extends all the way to the last frame of your movie, so the buttons are always visible. arrange your content on the rest of the page in another layer and use labels with a “stop” for each section to send your playhead there.\roption2:same thing for the buttons, use an empty clip for rest of the page and load different swf’s into that.\rmore possibilities exist…

Uhh I think I know what you mean, I’m not 100% though.\rI’m gonna give it a go now, and it’s in flash eyez…\rThanks awfully for the advice.\r\rSimon :slight_smile:

I don’t want to sound like I’m going over board but phhheeewwwwwwww ouchhhh :slight_smile: ))))))… thanks so much EYEZ, I fully understand exactly what you mean !!:slight_smile: \r\rWow I never did anything with labels and I got that bad boy to work , god I’m chuffed…\rLike I said before I’m almost certain that would make a great tutorial for us newbies… Seriously I’m so sooo pleased with what I’ve just achieved, and like you said it isn’t that hard to do.\r\rI love this site! in a short amount of time I have developed quite an understanding of flash, thanks to the people in this room :slight_smile: you know who you are!!!\rand yes that does include you jubba :slight_smile: \r\rThanks again Joe, you certainly made me happy :wink: \r\rSimon

Yay!