Does this foot the bill?

god, what a bloody awful topic title :wink:

anyway, in my stand against the actionscript geniuses, I decided to do an animated footer (as opposed to an interactive one). My drawings nearly suck as much as my actionscript knowledge, so it was a close call lol! but since everyone is always trying to make their footers interesting and fun I decided to make mine really boring! w00t! :slight_smile:

btw, that text that appears just says ‘Tetsuo!’ in some random japanese text font (it doesn’t actually say it in japanese… just so you know ;)) Comments and whatnot: lemme know what you think!

[swf=“http://www.asphaltdesign.co.uk/images/footer.swf height=60 width=300”][/swf]

hhmmm cowboy…not sure where you are at but in the U.S the word “Jap” is kinda like a racial slur…I like you r footer tho…just wanted to let you know about your verbage…dont think you meant it that way…just an FYI

ooo…tetsuo is that the sameone out of akira? if so have you watched it or did you just read about it or sommit

anyway i like the footer, altho when it turns orange i feel its to boring it needs something on the orange bit, my opinion

3d: edited :wink: sorry if anyone took offence, was just easier to type :wink:

teed: yes, tetsuo as in akira (of course :wink: - amazing film after all) - I was going for the bit towards the end where kaneda is after tetsuo, and he has a tendancy to shout his name just before he shoots him. which is cool… and since I had just done some line art drawings of kaneda, I thought I’d put them to some use :wink:

whaddya reckon I should have in the orange bit then? (this is my first attempt at a footer, so suggestions are appreciated ;))

i think that it should then say asphaltcowboy

yeh, i tried that originally mdipi, but I couldn’t come up with a decent effect or way for my name to appear on screen… ideas?

like blur in from a distance if you know what i mean but its hard to describe, or maybe it could be shot in like bulletholes spelling the name

did you draw those images yourself if so very nice

ac: try it like um…i donno! lol. i kinda like the orange as is.

useless, the lot of ya! :wink:

what do I pay you people for? :beam:

Hello why do you think that your footer sux ? It is very cool i really liked it !

are you trying to butter me up? :wink:

nah, it is nice though

i really like the footer, but it has a tendancy to slow my computer down after a while, because of the large tweens, especially involving alpha

mdipi’s old one did the same, but his new one isn’t as bad…

aesthetically though, i really like it

*Originally posted by iLikePie *
**i really like the footer, but it has a tendancy to slow my computer down after a while, because of the large tweens, especially involving alpha

mdipi’s old one did the same, but his new one isn’t as bad…

aesthetically though, i really like it **
hehe, thanks, I’ll see if I can optimise it a bit :wink:

<b>Evil Moderator Mode</b> What’s the file size on it at the moment? <b>Exit Evil Moderator Mode</b>

I do like it though, some nice artwork. :slight_smile:

it’s only dinky! promise! (like 17k or so)
You’re not gonna get all forceful with me are you officer?

:wink:

I might have to give you a ticket… :stuck_out_tongue:

I think 15K is our official limit, so if you can get it underneath that, it would be good. :slight_smile:

Sorry to be a nag… My footer used to animate as well, but was about 70K or so, so it had to go… :frowning:

But I do really like yours though. :slight_smile:

**The Rules
Without further delay, they are:

Footers cannot exceed a width of 300 pixels or a height of 60 pixels (300x60)

The total file size should not exceed 30k. This limit also applies to any external content or data you decide to load.**
I know my rights! (is it too much? :()

:wink:

well i actually think the limit has been raised to 30 k… not sure, but i think i read it in the footer contest rules …

:EDIT: D’oh, i clicked on new post when i read what kit wrote, but then went to the toilet, so i couldnt see you already posted the answer… sorry

Akira was a great movie.

But, that text actually reads (sorta): gyagadopapu.

:slight_smile:

This is what “Tetsuo” looks like in katakana (albeit, written using a mouse, and with extremely poor penmanship). Although I should think that his name has some sort of meaning in Japanese, so it is probably written in Kanji in the movie.

Cool footer, BTW.

-Al