Driving Me Nuts!

I just setup the “Headlab News Flasher V1.1.2”. When I have Dreamweaver open and test it out within the creating area, it works. When I go to the browser and test it, it doesn’t work.

Anyone have any idea why it works one place but doesn’t work online?

This thing doesn’t work unless you have the html file in the same directory as the file. Why???

I cannot put the flash file into a separate directory and then call the file from another directory. This sucks.

Anyone else have this problem???

you should be able to call it from another directory, that’s just not where flash is looking for it, you have to change the actionscript of where the component looks for the file :slight_smile:

looks like you need to rename some paths… The paths probably point to the directory you have it in now, you need to change those paths to get them to work on the web (as the web can’t call things from your harddrive)

they can from my hd :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

lol, k, I’ll shut up now :stuck_out_tongue:

No, I did a separate file to test it out and pointed it at the correct place and it still didn’t work. It only works when you put the html file into the same directory as the flash file.

You go ahead and try it. Go the tutorial here: http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx/newsflasher.htm

1. Create the flash file
  2. create an html document
  3. Put the flash file inside another directory (/flash)
  4. Set everything up in the html document so it points to that directory and that file.

I bet you get the same thing as me and it won’t work.

Someone try it please. :slight_smile:

It’s fixed. Absolute url wasn’t specified for location of text file.