Drop Down Menu PROBLEM-Down state for sub-menu item linked to external SWFs?

Hi nice to meet everyone. The drop down menu I’m referring to is located in the main movie. The menu is a movie clip with the buttons inside and I have each button as ‘track as menu item’ in the properties. The buttons are linked to external swfs that load in the empty movie clip on the main movie stage. Everything loads perfectly no problem. I can’t seem to figure out the right code to put on the sub-menu items/buttons in the drop down menu to show the ‘down’ state when the corresponding movie is loaded (i.e., about-main button, philosphy(menu item). When the ‘philosphy’ swf loads how do I get the ‘philosphy’ button that is in the main movie to show the ‘down’ state until another button is pressed on the menu? I hope I explained myself clear enough without confusing anyone!

Below is a sample of the code that I currently have on the the regular buttons that DO NOT sub-menu items:

on (release) {
gotoAndStop(“home”);
_root.contents.loadMovie(“home.swf”);
}

And here is the code that I currently have on the main buttons that have sub-menu items:

on (release) {
_root.contents.loadMovie(“philosphy2.swf”);
setProperty("_root.home", _visible, “0”);
}

I have searched everywhere on the net, tutorials and still can’t find the answer, I’ve been working on this for almost a week now and I just can’t get it right.

Thanks again your help is greatly appreciated!