Dynamic jpeg loading issue - HELP:O

I believe this is a target or level issue…but

I am trying to load jpegs into a gallery. The first jpeg will load, but the buttons to load new images do not work on the integrated site and if I use my keyboard arrow keys, I can see the first image begin to fade but then it stops and won’t load the next image. The swf works fine by itself but encounters these problems once integrated.

You can view the photo gallery at www.svengali-fx.com click on the third image on the screen (called Matte Paintings) and you will be taken to the swf page titled matte.swf. You can also see that the page works without the rest of the swf by trying it out as www.svengali-fx.com/matte.swf

Here is the code I am using and I have to think it is a target prob…but I am stumped.

Thanks for any help!

code:

this.pathToPics = “animation/”;

this.pArray = [“walley.jpg”, “scorp.jpg”,“dances.jpg”,“mystery.jpg”];

this.fadeSpeed = 20;

this.pIndex = 0;

loadMovie(this.pathToPics+this.pArray[0], _root.createEmptyMovieClip(photo, 1));

MovieClip.prototype.changePhoto = function(d) {

this.pIndex = (this.pIndex+d)%this.pArray.length;

if (this.pIndex<0) {

this.pIndex += this.pArray.length;

}

this.onEnterFrame = fadeOut;

};

MovieClip.prototype.fadeOut = function() {

if (this.photo._alpha>this.fadeSpeed) {

this.photo._alpha -= this.fadeSpeed;

} else {

this.loadPhoto();

}

};

MovieClip.prototype.loadPhoto = function() {

var p = _root.photo;

p._alpha = 0;

p.loadMovie(this.pathToPics+this.pArray[this.pIndex]);

this.onEnterFrame = loadMeter;

};

MovieClip.prototype.loadMeter = function() {

var i, l, t;

l = this.photo.getBytesLoaded();

t = this.photo.getBytesTotal();

if (t>0 && t == l) {

this.onEnterFrame = fadeIn;

} else {

trace(l/t);

}

};

MovieClip.prototype.fadeIn = function() {

if (this.photo._alpha<100-this.fadeSpeed) {

this.photo._alpha += this.fadeSpeed;

} else {

this.photo._alpha = 100;

this.onEnterFrame = null;

}

};

this.onKeyDown = function() {

if (Key.getCode() == Key.LEFT) {

this.changePhoto(-1);

} else if (Key.getCode() == Key.RIGHT) {

this.changePhoto(1);

}

};

Key.addListener(this);

Wow, you seem to encounter the oddest “glitches” harnark. Making this flash site is definitely giving you hard time…haha.

But hey, I am not one to talk…I trash all my designs because I get stuck at parts :stuck_out_tongue:

Anywho… unfortunately for me this is a “I would if I could be I can’t” situation for me. I would try to help you out, but I just don’t have any free time these next few days and I have other things I need to get too (other people that sent me files for help and personal stuffs and finishing those Photoshop tutorials).

So basically this was a post to BUMP your thread up :stuck_out_tongue:

I hope someone can help you.

You’ve been a great help all along the way. I think this is my final hurdle to completing the site (except of course for all the fun publishing woes:P )

If anybody can check this out…it’s got to be something I am overlooking that is probably a two-word fix…but it’s those two words that are killing me!

Well, what’s the difference between the 2? Are you loading the swf or something like that?

All of the .swf that contain ‘content’ sit on top of the .swf that contains the navigation. The navigation .swf is called svengali.swf and it loads _main.swf which is the opening screen with the four images. Clicking on the 3rd image opens the matte.swf…which again sits ontop of svengali.swf.

So I don’t get why it would load the first image of the gallery and then get caught either in the fade out or in loading the second image.