Dynamic Jpegs and AOL dont work

AOL browser doesnt support the dynamic jpeg option in MX. For some reason the browser caches the images but wont display them.

We have learned many browsers wont display the jpegs if the compression is not right but AOL wont show any.

I talked to AOL and Macromedia, they both know about it but have not gotten any answers as to when or if they will fix it. If any of you have come up with a creative work around Id be glad to hear about it.

SEE SOLUTION BELOW**

Bill
Chief Geek
Providence Direct

*Originally posted by billebert *
If any of you have come up with a creative work around Id be glad to hear about it.
The ultimate work around: don’t use the AOL browser.

pom :stuck_out_tongue:

ok I got it! The fix for AOL and JPEG dynamic loading.

The problem is AOL with graphic compression “on” wont display jpegs in Flash so you only have two options.

1. Get every person in the world to turn thier graphic optimization in AOL to “OFF” or…

2. Trick AOL browser buy calling your jpegs by a non graphical extension. If you change all your .jpg to .jjj or anything like this. Flash recognizes and displays the JPG and AOL is none the wiser.

Bill
www.BillEbert.com/flash

I just saw that AOL released version 8. Anyone know where it stands now with Flash players? (also loading .jpg’s, etc.)