Dynamic Photo Gallery

I’m trying to make a photo gallery that loads the pics in as swf’s, and was wondering if there was any way for flash to detect the number of files that are in a particular folder on website (also the names of those files). Does anyone have any idea’s?

i noticed that your post is very old
maibe you are complicating too much for a simple photo gallery.
advice:
have the main to load the external one each time with raspactive data. by clicking thumbnails (buttons)

is much easier…
good luck with site:P

any way for flash to detect the number of files that are in a particular folder on website (also the names of those files)

no can do - php/+database might do it but not flash, no sir.
Try using simple files names such as image001.jpg so you only have to change the

getUrl("_blank","image"+variable+".jpg") //*

*-> actually variable would have to be a string because if variable = 1 then you’d have image1.jpg and you want image001.jpg, but nevermind

as for stopping when their are no more imges I think I saw somewhere (might be a flashurban legend) that if you load the pic in a container and that the container width doesn’t change, then you have no more pic…

but what i’d do is take a variable from a text file (easier to upload than the whole swf) dynamically, and it would have a variable such as thelastimagenumber=565 or something like that - get what I mean ?

Thanks a lot. I had a feeling that that was the only way.