Dynamic text box formats

I was wondering: how to make a dynamic text box a little more customizable.

what i mean: how do i start new paragraphsā€¦ iā€™ve set it to multiline, but it just goes onto next line at end of current one which is fine

if i press enter, and go to new line in the actionscript, it creates an error, as the on function isnā€™t finishedā€¦

also, how to set the box to justify ALL test inside itā€¦ even though iā€™ve selected the justify tab on the properties of the box, it doesnā€™t do it properly ā€¦

any ideas / help greatly appreciated. thx all

Iā€™m not sure about the justificate question. Iā€™d have to think about that.

The other one is easy, and is done in one of two ways (and sometimes both in the same text field)

you can either use ā€œ/nā€ called ā€œescape nā€, which should create a new line, or you can use html tags, and set the dynamic text field to html with the check box in text options panel. I prefer this method as it also allows me to alter the font, and add href links to my text.

cunning :open_mouth:

didnā€™t realise could use html code in the text boxā€¦ that makes it a lot easier. thanks a lot =)

mmkā€¦ i having some problems again :confused:

I tried the /n thing, and i get error. it says it expects a ; in the code. so i put ā€œmy stuff hereā€; /n ā€œmore stuff on new lineā€ and it didnā€™t workā€¦

tried same as above with out the ; in the middle and again not work. (the end of the line does have a ;, so the code is complete in that sense).

i then hunted for the tick box to make it html ā€¦ but i couldnā€™t find it :confused:

any help please?! :open_mouth:

i think the /n has to be within the quotesā€¦ i didnt try it but thats how it is in c++

example:

"This is my sentence.
"

and in c++ its backslash ā€œā€ instead of forward slash ā€œ/ā€

yeahā€¦ i just tried itā€¦ just give the text box a variable name, and then assign it textā€¦ so likeā€¦

_root.variable = ā€œBlah blah blah
blah blah blahā€;

wherever you stick the
it will go to the next lineā€¦

thx a lot =)

next bit - how do i make hyperlinks in it? :open_mouth: do i have to set it to the html thing? or is there a tagā€¦ or better yet: a list of tags that will work inside itā€¦

thx again.

There are many threads about this. I suggest you use the search.

pom :elderly: