Easy Question

I have been working on this problem for some time, an i know it is a easy problem. I have searched the Kirupa files for a Dynaimic scrollbar to scroll images. Something like a catalog, vertical scrolling. The only things I seem to find are text scrolling bars. then i downloaded a scroll bar from a site a member of kirupa sugested, but it doesnt work. (probolly something i am doing) what i am wondering though is where or how do i do this. my scroll bar works if you drag the scroll bar. but not if you press the up or down arrows.

this is the script for the scroll bar–>

on (press) {
 startDrag("../a", false, 403, 20, 403, 325);
}
//402=x placement of scroller, 35=y placement, 402= x placement of scroler at bottom y, 315= y how far travle//
on (release) {
 stopDrag();
}

code placed over–>
frame 1–>

x = 35;

frame 2–>

pos = getProperty("/a", _y);
percent = (pos-x)/400;
//this is for allowed space for travle//
setProperty("/b", _y, 175-(150*percent));
//this is for the placement of the images in the movie from the top of the screen//
//175-(150*percent)= combine vertial or horizontal movement for movie (distance to travle)//
q = getProperty("/b", _y);
f = 100*percent;
//this is for travle of movie//

frame 3–>

pos = getProperty("/a", _y);
percent = (pos-z)/100;
setProperty("/b", _y, 350-(350*percent));
//this is for the placement of the images in the movie from the top of the screen//
//350-(350*percent)= combine vertial or horizontal movement for movie, not 100% though//
gotoAndPlay(2);

so as you can see this is not a very difficult scroller, but having trouble with the up an down arrows. if i new how to put a fla up i would, and suggestions on that would be good as well.