Email link and then some!

:hugegrin: [font=Comic Sans MS] Hello AGAIN![/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]I tried to post once already…didn’t work so I am here doing this again![/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]I could really use some help with two issues I am having.[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]The first is my email link…[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]I have created a button to open a window to send an email to the clients email account. The problem is that the client wants me to be able to insert info into the SUBJECT area of the email. It was no problem to figure out the:[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#003366]on (release) {
loadVariablesNum(“mailto:info@!!!.com”, 0);
}[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#003366][/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#003366]But to add the in the SUJECT area a blurb like “Request this person for project”, I just cannot figure it out! I have racked my brain, read and reread my books and searched on this forum for the answer…and I cannot find what I am looking for![/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#003366]I also would like to have a window open to the EXACT size of the image I have placed in it…??? How do you do it!? My image is 350px X 500px and I do not want a border or anything but the window’s close button at the top and the image.[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#003366]How would I do these things???[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#003366]Any and All help is much appreciated;[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#003366]thank you for any help![/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#003366]allaKAZAAM[/color][/font]

first your email question… i prefer to use a button with the actions:

on(release){
getURL("mailto:info@!!!!!!!.com?SUBJECT=yoursubject");
}

so its just the same as a the html code mailto… just add ?SUBJECT=yoursubject to it.
if you want a visitor of your site to input the subject, you just make a input textfield with the var subject… and then change the actions for the mail button to:

on(release){
	getURL(["mailto:[email protected]?SUBJECT="+subject]);
}

but i have to go now… i will answer your other question when i get back…
i hope it was understandable…

This gets me a little further in finishing this site…even if it is a very simple site for now. The client wants it this way…then I am to build on it more and more (which, in my experience sofar…will cause more headaches then cure! LOL! )

I will be looking for your next reply to my second question! I am also attempting to solve on my own too!..sofar all attempts are not working!

Thanks again “2nd day”;

allaKAZAAM

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/flashexamples/

Well I have had a minor success in having the window size be restricted to a certain dimension AND not be able to resize it…now I just have the problem of getting the window to show my image in it! I thought it would be best to have the image in a FLASH file (the use the PUBLISH and have the window open the HTML version…all I get is a:

The page cannot be displayed

[color=black]The page you are looking for might have been removed or had its name changed.[/color][color=black]Please try the following:

[list]<LI id=term1>Open the Homepage(); [color=#4e4e4e]s:[/color] home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
[*]If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.
[/list]If you still cannot open the page, click the Internet Explorer
[color=#ff0000]Search[/color] button to look for similar sites.

**Internet Explorer **

[color=black] [/color]
[color=black][size=2]So HOW do I get the image to show up! Everything else works GREAT (actually followed the instructions on this link:[/size][/color]
[color=black][size=2]http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx/centered_popup.htm[/size][/color]
[color=black][size=2][/size] [/color]
[color=black][size=2]Thanks for any help AND thank you to “kirupa”![/size][/color]
[color=black][size=2][/size] [/color]
[color=black][size=2]allaKAZAAM[/size][/color]
[/color]

i dont get your problem… you presume you have set everything right…
i tried this code on my button

on (release) {
	//customize the window that gets opened
	// 0 equals NO.
	// 1 equals YES.
	address = "pic1.jpg";
	target_winName = "kirupa";
	width = 1024;
	height = 925;
	toolbar = 0;
	location = 0;
	directories = 0;
	status = 0;
	menubar = 0;
	scrollbars = 0;
	resizable = 0;
	//sends data back to the function
	openWinCentre(address, target_winName, width, height, toolbar, location, directories, status, menubar, scrollbars, resizable);
}

and i just copied the other code that discribes the function… and it worked. but i don’t really like this way… i often use the fscommand, but that requires some javascript in your html document that contains the flash movie… if you want to i can explain that to you.

Thanks for the info…I will try it the way you suggest above.
You see I finally have the window sized correctly…it just won’t put the image into it (I have an image i imported into a flash page…then saved it and published…tried to use the html url for the address…only get errors…then I changed the coding to getURL and no more errors…just an about blank page).

Would like to see the coding you try also…

I HAVE GOT TO MAKE THIS WORK! LOL !

I have been asked if I can set the page up so that the client can enter pictures/pages on his own…WITHOUT USING FLASH software…! I personnally do not think it can be done (it is a modeling agency website). And the page with the models (one for women…one for men and another for teens) portraits on it has a button to take you to the models personal bio/collage page (which is where the set window size and email link to request that particular model comes in). So the client would like to have some “templates” that they can fill in the necessary bio/picts/button link…or REMOVE…

IS IT POSSIBLE???

Thanks again 2nd Day for your input!

allaKAZAAM