Error trapping Sound

Hi

I need to be able to trap if a sound file has been found or not. At the moment Im using loadSound to load in the file, and onLoad to set the movie running when the sound has been loaded. I have 2 outcomes in the onLoad, one that saves a varaible saying the sound is there and one that says it isnt, if the file cant be found. The probelm is that onLoad doesnt wait to detect that a sound file is defintly there before firing off the failed to load command. It does this several times while loading in a large mp3 as well. I need to check if the file is there or not as I have a onSoundComplete function that tells the movie to go to the next point when the sound completes. I still need the movie though to push on to the next point even if the file cant be found, which onSoundComplete wont. The outcome variables are my current way of telling the movie to move on if the file cant be found. But with onLoad so quick to jump the gun it reaches the code to move on to the next point before it starts to load the sound.

Heres the code im currently using:

var speech:Sound = new Sound(this);
speech.onLoad = function(success:Boolean) {
if (success) {
speech.start(0,0);
soundAvail = true;
}
if (success == false){
soundAvail = false;
}
};

speech.loadSound(“lesson2audio/02_00.mp3”,true);

here are the functions that control the movie:

speech.onSoundComplete = function() {
if (point == endPoint) {
gotoAndPlay(“end”);
} else {
gotoAndPlay(“point”+point);
point++;
}
};
function soundCheck():Void {
if (soundAvail == false) {
if (point == endPoint) {
gotoAndPlay(“end”);
} else {
gotoAndPlay(“point”+point);
point++;
}
}
}

soundCheck(); on the stop frame is called after all the animations are finished.

Any help would be grateful

Cheers
Ash