External swf loading incorrectly

Hey guys,

I’m relatively new to flash. I’m working on a portfolio site, and I wanted to show a flash video I made inside my Flash website. So I wrote some code for it, nothing fancy…

but.onPress = function () {
createEmptyMovieClip (“container”, 1);
loadMovie (“thiscolorfulworld.swf”, “container”);
container._x = -50 ;
container._y = -50 ;
}

…and the code seemed to work fine, movie loaded where I wanted it to, blah blah, except when my video appears, the movie runs way faster than it’s supposed to. Anyone know why? I tried this with another .swf, and the sound is fine, but again, the visuals are just racing through.

Thanks a bunch,
JM

are your frames per second all correct? also, i know flash sometimes screws up audio and video sync in actual videos that you import INTO flash and embed in a swf. when you watch thiscolorfulworld.swf by itself, does everything play correctly?

“also, i know flash sometimes screws up audio and video sync in actual videos that you import INTO flash and embed in a swf.”

Ahhh ok. I’ll be aware of that. It plays just fine on its own, but I’ve tried 2 vids and they both screw up when I place them in Flash…maybe I’ll just link to a new window and not place it inside something else.

Thanks a bunch,
JM