Fading Grid

I’ve been working with flash MX 2004 for a about a year, I’d like to think my skills in basic animation are quite strong. Recently I have been studying Action Script in order to explore new features of Flash and reduce the filesize of some of my past animations, making them a little more “web friendly”.

I just completed the “fading grid” tutorial provided by [font=Verdana][size=1][color=#999999]Voetsjoeba [color=black][size=2]@ kirupa.com (http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx/fadegrid.htm). I found this tutorial extremly helpful and easy to follow however I would like to modify the AS to achive a slightly different effect. I’m sure what I’m trying to do is simple but my lack of experience is turning this into a mission.

currently the program can fade in (line-by-line) vertically or horizontally and start from any position specified (exacly as in the tutorial).

Here is what I would like to do:

Lets say I have a grid 7boxs by 20boxs

Instead of having 1 row fade in at a time, I would like all 7 rows to fade in together (horizontally), each with a slightly different (maybe random) start time.

I’m hoping this can be accomplished without making each row a movie clip.

I know I should have some code or an example to post with this…I’m workin’ on it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Yak

[/size][/color][/color][/size][/font]