I’m having trouble with a script I hope someone can help me out with. I’ve modified a script posted here a while ago by Aussie Devil, I think. What I ultimately want to do is this:
- Have a folder of jpegs 01.jpg - 99.jpg
- Have them load sequentially onto the stage, with a fade inbetween
Aussie’s script works great, but you have to place them on the stage manually. I’d like to be able to load them dynamically. What I’ve come up with is:
- Create a series of empty movie clips with createEmptyMovieClip
- Load jpegs into each of them
- Set alpha of each to 0
- Use a script to fade them in and out
I’ve gotten 1-3 to work, but am having trouble with 4. I’ve attached a movie which:
- has a movie clip called shape_mc on the stage
- has a script which fades shape_mc in and out
The problem is that when I try to load a jpeg into shape_mc like this:
then the movie clip fader won’t work. The movie clip appears at about 10% alpha, but doesn’t fade in or out.
I’ve attached the .fla file.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.