Favorite Horror Movies or TV Shows šŸæ!

I hate horror movies. Iā€™m very much a big sissy when it comes to them. Even the xfiles would keep me up for days.

I was afraid of horror movies quite a bit as well. Part of my reason for watching so many of them is to overcome that fear.

I think it partially worked. I still canā€™t get over leprechauns though. They still freak me out :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha itā€™s funny to me that you mention leprechauns because that was the first horror movie that I watched and I think it ruined the whole genre.

Iā€™m not a huge fan of horror films either. Iā€™ve only seen about 4 of the ones on @kirupaā€™s list. Iā€™m sure thereā€™s more artistry to it that people appreciate than what Iā€™m about to describe, but it seems like you could just set your speakers to make a really really loud noise every Math.random * 15 minutes or so and itā€™d be the same experience.

One I recommend against seeing is Harry Potter and the Old Mansion (Not Shell Cottage) on a Seashore. The whole movie is basically about how he canā€™t cast the Patronus charm because he snapped the Elder Wand in the movie adaptation.

1 Like

Thatā€™s like the Shawshank Redemption of horror movies! You canā€™t go wrong with liking it :stuck_out_tongue:

Had to bump this up. There had been some really good horror films out recently!

@kirupa Like what?

I updated the list at the top with them. I forgot the exact ones I added, but the most recent one I saw was Annabelle: The Creation. The movie Us was also really good.

I just googled those and have realized that 5 years was not enough time for me to overcome my fear of horror movies.

I also started with Leprechaun, weā€™re screwed

1 Like

Try these:

• Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein
  • Abbott and Costello Meet the Mummy
  • Abbott and Costello Meet the Invisible Man
  • Abbott and Costello Meet Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
  • Abbott and Costello Meet the Killer

:wink:

1 Like

I forced myself to overcome my fear of scary movies. It helps if you know there are other people around that you can attribute any sounds to. Living in a college dorm was perfect. Watching movies in theaters was also good, but then the drive home and going to sleep can be terrifyingā€¦unless you decide to sleep in the theater that day :crazy_face:

I will go with ā€˜Gone Girlā€™ , even if itā€™s not really in the horror category.
Thatā€™s because @kirupa already mentioned all the big names ā€¦

1 Like

The Villageā€¦ Best

1 Like

Iā€™m going to go with 1978 grease

1 Like

While not a movie per se, two excellent horror TV shows we watched recently were Netflixā€™s Haunting of Hill House and Haunting of Bly Manor.

Include Donā€™t Listen(2020) masterfully reveals an atmosphere of horror and tension, making it well worth your while.

Probably not that much of a horror film but I though Room 1408 in the cinema was pretty trippy :smile: I cant imagine doing something like that on acidā€¦ :laughing:

1 Like

Updated the list with the movies I remembered from the past few years. There are definitely more, but Iā€™ll be more diligent in updating this.

Horror films also gave me a lot of anxiety. To get over that dread is one of the reasons I watch so many of them.