Finally Decided To Try AS3

Hi,

When I first checked out Actionscript 3.0, I found it daunting; since I’m used to AS2, But after actually looking over it I think it’s alot easier to understand than AS2.

So, I wanted to ask a few questions.

[LIST]
[]Why do we import “things” at the start of our Actionscript 3.0 code?
[
]What are these “things”?
[]How do they work?
[/LIST]
[INDENT]Also, for more specific things … Particularly game development …
[/INDENT]
[LIST]
[
]How would I do depth swaping - Wanting to create depths if I have a character wanting to walk in front of something if it’s Y coordinate is less than the Y coordinate of a “Tree” or a “Building” (Not sure of how much the same AS3.0 is to AS2.0)
[]How would I go about having a saving system? So a player could save his game and come back to it another time.
[
]How could I efficiently scroll a large map? So that it won’t slow down one’s system.
[*]Also, for a ‘very’ specific question, how would I create a mouse controlled car? Having a player mouse control the direction of the car and having a certain designated key(s) control the acceleration and declaration. I could get very specific on this … Ideally, I would like to have a “drifting” system. Having the player move the mouse in a different direction in a quick motion would keep the car moving in it’s original direction and cause skid marks. It’s very specific for a general AS3.0 thread, but I didn’t want to waste another topic.
[/LIST]
Thank you for your time. The reason I posted this in the Actionscript 3.0 category was that I really rather learn the entirety of AS3.0 than just Game Development.

Thank You,
[FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Proto[/COLOR][/FONT]