Finished learning basics of html and css. Want to do some projects using only html and css.

Urggghhhh, pet peeve triggered…html and css are NOT programing!!!
Ok, now ive whinged I guess I have to say something constructive but Im appalling at CSS, does my head in (thank god for flexbox), so heres some thoughts.

They’re building websites with their own thought process and I have a different thought process.

And how is your thought process going for you? You may know the rules of html and css but you havent learnt how to play effectively yet and the people your not willing to listen to have. How you approach a problem and what tools are good for what job is what you are ignoring and may need to learn. I know it can be damn boring but going through those tutorials can help you to learn how to approach problems in different ways. There are MANY different ways to layout a page

Years and years of practice (JS) and Im still crap! But then I have bad memory and other problems. One month is nothing, but its an awesome start and it sounds like your putting effort in…heck, you even read a book on it, Ive never read a book on JS in my whole life :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: . If your ready to quit now then your right its prolly not for you, but if you really want it then just stick at it and it WILL eventually come to you. And yeah I faced it. Due to my learning/memory problems it never came easy to me. I had to keep looking up the structure of a for loop for a year before I could remember the order of declaration, comparison, iteration. But I LOVE it so much I just never stopped.
Get on Twitter and find the html/css experts and ask them. Theres an awesome community of creators out there and many have helped me over the years. Just dont nag, show work and keep on creating. When you ask questions like this seeing your work (code) will help people know what you used to create what you have and give them an idea what your doing wrong, where to go next and what other options you may of had. Plus they dont have to create test cases, Im a lot more inclined to help if I can just tweak what someone has done already and not have to create something new. Put your work on somewhere like Codepen, Codepen has an awesome community in its self. Dont delete your question posts on Codepen, it shows that your putting in an effort…Im happy to help anyone thats helping themselves and ignore all other people (been used like a tool to many times). Theres another place thats awesome for html/css and not JS but I cant remember what its called, its all about design and html/css.
When you see something you want to try to copy, look at their code, get an idea for how they did it, then go to bed and the next day try to recreate it. I wouldnt start blind just yet, you have too much to learn still.
Dont give up mate, making stuff is awesome. Seeing the end product and overcoming all your problems is so damn satisfying.