This thread is for the purpose of being a reference and hopefully of some use to someone else, b/c when I did a search here and on the rest of the www, I found NOTHING to help me with my problem so I had to figure it out by myself (<-- run on sentence).
I created and tested a website in the following browsers and the site worked perfectly in each: IE6, Opera 8.5, Maxthon. The HTML even validated as 4.01 Transitional and the CSS validated as well.
Then I tested it in Netscape 8.1 using the Firefox (Fx) rendering engine (or should I say Mozilla rendering engine… oh well whatever) and whatya know, NOTHING, except “Not Found. The requested URL /no was not found on this server.”. Well, well. I tested this and that and the other, and folks, I’m gonna save you a loooooooooooooooong story full of hours of frustration and get to the point.
It all came down to this: I used a var called “location” in my .js file. Out of over 300 lines of js code, the site wouldn’t show at all in Fx, just b/c of that ONE var, which was used ONE time. Yes, “location”, I assume, is one of those reserved words. It is an object property (in this case, the property of the window object). Well, IE figured it out, Opera figured it out, but Fx couldn’t, or just didn’t feel like it.
So I changed the var “location” to its spanish equivalent “locacion” and the page shows up perfectly in Fx. So there ya go…
Now I won’t say anything more about this, 'cause if I do, I’ll only just end up pissing off a lot of Fx users.
Hope this helps someone down the road.