First time user

i’d really like to learn how to make a flash site, but i don’t really know where to start. i can do easy stuff like animated buttons, and i can follow the tutorials on the site. so much to learn, but don’t know where to start. i have some questions, if u would be kind enough to check this site out http://www.FuR-X.com. is the site just made up of a picture and with moving buttons with tweening. how many layers did he use? is it just one layer? i don’t know how to incorporate the stuff i learn in the tutorials to the site. anyone help would be appreciated.

edit: just realized the middle part opens up too. can someone explain to me roughly how made layers, scenes, clips are involved in this site?

It’s really hard to determine the makeup of someone’s flash site without having access to the original .fla file… He may have used several layers with several tweens… or one layer with several movie clips in it. It’s really up to the designer and everyone designs/programs in Flash in their own way.

As far as learning flash… I would say that one of the best ways to learn is through trial and error and hands-on experience. Begin by opening up Flash and playing around with the tools. You don’t need to have any specific direction (for instance, don’t open up Flash and try making a full site just yet), just get a feel for what they might do and get familiar with the names of the tools and such. Then you can dive right in by trying out tutorials. Go ahead and just pick any tutorial - although I would recommend a few baby steps, such as Kirupa’s Basic Flash MX and [URL=http://www.kirupa.com/developer/flash5/basic.asp]Basic Flash 5 tutorials. Again, you don’t need to have a specific direction, just get your feet wet and understand some of the things Flash can do. This is how I, and countless others, have learned to make Flash websites.

thanks for the advice and the links. i’ll read the tutorials and see how it goes. hopefully, i’ll be able to make a flash site one day.