[fl8 as2]its one of those days :) setFocus question

I have the Selection.setFocus(myTextField); set to my username field and when I test the movie I can type in the field without clicking there first… but when i upload the swf and view it in the browser, the setfocus seems to stop working… I still have to click the field first- any suggestions?

lol and there’s somthing else- my tab index isnt working right… after I click on the first field then the tab order works but when I press tab on the final tab indexed object, it jumps to the top part of the browser and doesnt return back to the tabed items in the movie…

And since I’ve been fiddling with it I’ve noticed that if I click anywhere on the movie, the cursor doesnt appear in the field, BUT if I hit refresh after clicking anywhere in the movie the cursor appears on it’s own in the field…

It seemed almost like an html problem, but I’m using the html that flash generates so dont think thats the problem… anyway I decided to create a test page in dreamweaver and created a layer in the page, and then inserted the swf into it… it didnt make the cursor show up where I wanted it, but, it DID allow for the tab key to circulate between the browser header content AND the movie over and over (the way web pages normally do)… so it is html related I think… doesn anyone know how to get the tab indexes to work right?