Flash Animated Grid Problem

Hi All,

I am trying to create a grid of buttons in flash so that when someone rolls over the button it expands and then when they roll out it contracts by playing backward. I also want these buttons to be functional as I might want to use it as a navigation for a website. The desired effect that I want is that if you roll over the entire grid quickly it gives a fluid look of buttons that contract and expand quickly as the mouse rolls over them.

However, when I put the grid together it seems that when I roll over one of the buttons and then roll out, before the button I was on contracts the next button expands. Thus, it gives the appearance of the buttons being stuck. It is hard to explain, but you can see it by looking at the .swf file I attached.

I was wondering if any of you flash gurus could help me out and fix this problem. Feel free to make the grid effect look better and/or more fluid as well, it is a little basic right now. I am new to flash so if there is a better way to do this via actionscript please do. If you could attach a .fla file to your reply that would be great for me as I can learn from it. Thanks so much for your help!

jbk