Flash killing all sounds when not using stopAllSounds();

Greetings - I’ve got a real problem I can’t quite figure out though I’ve spent the last 4 hours trying to figure out.

I’ve created a presentation for a company’s expo that has A.) looping background music and B.) A random voice that plays from a set of specific voices whenever a user selects an option from the main menu.

I have a ‘content’ Movie Clip that has different frames with the text content and function calls for a random voice for specific sections. Each time I call the function that inserts the movie clip with the random sound code, I have it delete itself so that when each menu item is clicked, the voices don’t overlap each other.

But here’s the thing - When the movie loads up, everything runs fine. The first time you click a menu option, you can hear the randomly inserted voice play and the background music play just fine. But the next item you click, it completely kills all sounds (including the background music which is the problem) and then plays a new random voice.

This is the first time I’ve done something this complex with Actionscript before (Though I know to veterans, this isn’t complex at all lol.) and I can’t fully explain on here and if anyone is willing, I can send you the .fla file too take a look at it.

Thanks in advance for help anyone might provide!