Flash MX code for Flash Player 8

It’s the second time I build up a code to find out that it is incompatible with plash player 8. To my amazement, I built up something so prehistoric that it will only go if publishing for flash MX (6). But I use flash 8 and I need it’s features!

So my question is simple: can anyone give me a hint or a clue, on how to convert this code to work with flash player 8?

//declare the thumbnails’s pictures array
releasesArray = new Array(“RSI001small.gif”, “RSI002small.gif”, “RSI003small.gif”, “RSI004small.gif”);

//load the number of elements from the PHP
loadReleases = new LoadVars();
loadReleases.load(“http://www.imaginando.net/resin/traction.php”);

loadReleases.onLoad = function() {
//the number of elements is the variable ntractions
_global.numberOfElements = this.ntractions;
trace(numberOfElements);
//this shows 10 in the output panel, there are 10 elements

//let this loop 10 times then.
for (i=0; i<numberOfElements; i++) {
	//the next line of code is my attempt to set 
	//the "currentTractionImage" to "RSI001small.gif",
	//doesn't seem to work
	currentTractionImage = releasesArray*;
	trace(currentTractionImage);
	//this unfortunately outputs underfined
	
	//get the button instance from the library (linkage id
	//"traction_element", containing an MC with the instance name
	//"holder_mc" where I would like to place an image from the SWFs
	//folder, more precisely the actual * element of releasesArray:
	var currentTractionItem = _root.attachMovie('traction_element', 'traction_element'+i, i);
	
	//place the newly created item 120pix to the right
	currentTractionItem._x += i*120;
	
	//here I try to dinamically load the external GIF but the requested
	//releasesArray's value is not retrieved
	currentTractionItem.holder_mc.loadMovie(releasesArray*);
	
	//the following command tests the button's activity, and works
	//> //how do I apply a specific action for each?
	currentTractionItem.onRelease = function() {
		trace("button pressed");
	};
	
	//yet another yellow attempt to reach releasesArray's content
	var imagetoLoad = ["RSI00"+i+"small.gif"];
	trace("imageToLoad = "+imageToLoad);
	//outputs undefined
}

};
stop();