Flash Student Could somebody please assist me with this? (Falling Snow/.jpg file)

Hi, my name is Joe and for the last week or so I have been studying this flash stuff quite a bit. Ive been doing web pages for awhile, and graphcis, but flash is new to me and in order to be up-to-date with my web design business, I better learn flash!

Here is the situation, I have a logo thats about 700x200, and it is currently a .JPG. I use it on the front of my web site. I would like to add a falling snow effect on my logo, so the snow falls in front of the .jpg.

I followed TWO different online tutorials (including the kirupa one), and time after time (remember, Im new at this) I would end up with a single snowflake in the top left corner with no animation. I kept trying it over and over and paying more and more attention, until finally when I go to preview my falling snow and I get an error message saying “A script in the movie is causing Flash to run slowly. If it continues to run your computer may become unresponsive…”

First, what the hell does that mean? I updated to Flash 9 and Im still getting the error message.

But even when I do figure out how to the falling snow, I do I implement my .jpg with the snow to make it look like its falling on the logo?

Any help would be extremely appreciated!
Thanks
Joe