Flock 0.5pre publicly available

Yesterday it was private, now [color=#0000ff]everyone can download it[/color]
I havn’t got it yet, but I’ve seen it and it looks good.

From their site:
[size=4]Flock Developer Preview is now available.[/size]
Our code couldn’t wait any longer to be free!

But! This preview ain’t for the faint of heart! If you’re the bleeding-edge type and don’t mind a few scrapes and busted knees from time to time, feel free to give it a whirl.

We’ve got interesting ideas in this thing. We want to know what we’ve done right how we could improve. And we’ve got a lot of work ahead of us!

So if a bucket of source code and developer binaries sound enticing, head over to our [color=#0000ff]Developer[/color] page now

**Some things I didn’t know before I got it:
**• You can make collections of favorites (with similar things in them) and if one or more of the sites in the collection has an RSS feed, Flock will aggregate the feeds into a single page and order them by date (you can get to it by clicking a ‘feed’ icon next to the collection in the favorites manager).
• Flock will cache and update your favorite page’s RSS feeds every hour.
• Blogging is integrated, and works with WordPress (and the new Wordpress.com hosted service), Movable Type and Typepad (and shortly also Live Journal) and Blogger.
• The ‘favorites manager’ can organise your favorites by tags (yes, you can tag your favorites).
• When you type something in the search bar, it automatically (very quickly) searches through pages you’ve already visited, and displays the results in a drop-down menu.
And some more…

(I’ve written basicly the same stuff on my blog, but with more information, and [url=“http://slikerhawk.wordpress.com/2005/10/22/flock-05pre-negatives/”]another with some of the bad points.)