Getting the status of a frame, using it with if/else statements

I’m somewhat ashamed I don’t know the solution to this problem of mine. This is easy stuff. Anyways can anyone tell me the best way to retrieve the property of the current frame of an MC in a flash movie which may be stopped at frame 10, frame 20, etc? As in, if mc1 is stopped at frame 20, then gotoAndPlay frame 21 of mc1 once buttons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 are pressed

ActionScript that retrieves the property of a frame in an MC’s timeline which the MC is stopped at, that’s all. I’d be reading more about a solution online and in my books but I’m pretty pressed on time right now. I just looked all through my Flash AS Help, couldn’t find what I was looking for. All I can think of is using true/false statements as a substitute for this missing, maybe nonexistent code for “get frame property” (if frame stopped at 20 big= true… if true then play frame 21 once these buttons are pressed… but not if big = false )

I somehow haven’t dabbled much with if/else, true/false statements. If you can help then thanks!