Global Variables/functions

in the main timeline of the original movie I have a function\r\r_global.nVidRob = function(){\rthen some crap in here\r}\r\rthen on a button in a SWF that is loaded in after the main movie is up and running I have\r\ron(press){\r_global.nVidRob()\r}\r\ror \r\ron(press){\rnVidRob()\r}\r\rit works if i put the function in the SWF, but I can’t really do that in this case…any ideas on why thats not workin…

Maybe when you compile the darn thing Flash doesn’t recognize the function ? So when you load, it cannot interpret it correctly ?\r\rpom 0] , I should really be going :slight_smile:

thats probly it, but i assumed that global meant, it could be used over all loaded SWFs as well. Oh, well…back to the drawing board…

Jubba, which you are not…\r\rI believe it wont work because _global is a unique reference to each swf’s main timeline.\r\rNow, perhaps I am wrong but…\r\rHave you tried setting your function on the main timeline and then loading the variables from your swf? I know it is kind of a weird way, but maybe… just maybe…\r

I haven’t tried that, but I do believe you are right about the main timeline thing…