Gravitation simulation

www.multimania.com/ilyaslā€¦ation.html\rHereā€™s something I came up with messing with Newtonā€™s equations. Not perfect at all but itā€™s a start : Iā€™ve got the force field, and I lack inertia a little bit.\r\rpom 0]

Pom,\r When you see me tomorrow, send me this Fla if you wouldnā€™t mind, so i can study it and learn from it would ya? Nice job, kind of cool. I caught the ball a bunch of time, just wanted to let you knowā€¦\r\r\rpj\r:cool:

Well, the fla is a physics nightmare, since it deals with stuff I learned a while ago. So if you donā€™t know anything about physics, youā€™ll just see a lot of figures with no meaning. Actually, Iā€™ve come to the point that I messed with the figures so much that they lost their meaning.

that is excellent. i have a lot of trouble keeping the ball on the screen.\r\rhave you thought about building one of those games where you choose angle and velocity, and try to hit you opponent through a field of planets, astroids, whatever, which affect the projectile?\r\rseems like youā€™ve already done the hard part.\r\rnice.

I donā€™t know if you guys remember the game ā€œScorch Earthā€ ā€˜the mother of all gamesā€™. it was a game where you opperated a tank and you need to shoot your opponents before they shoots you. you had to choose angle and velocity, a very cool trajectory (sp?) game.\r\rIt had some great options likeā€¦\r1. changing the strength of gravity\r2. wrap around screen\r3. rubber walls\r4. how windy (a horizontal gravity in effect)\r\rI guess what I am now asking is can it be done with flash and some gravity scripting, and help from you guys.\r\rMatt

Hey Supra, Iā€™m very flattered by what you said. I kind of solved the escaping problem by adding one component in my acceleration formula, but itā€™s still very difficult to make it stay. Working on it hard !! Concerning your game, it sounds like a lot of trouble if your projectile hits one of the asteroids. As you can see, this makes the planet (itā€™s a planet by the way) go totally astray. I donā€™t know ?\rAnd Matt, youā€™ve just had the greatest idea of all times. My game was called gorillas, and it was running in dosshell. You were a monkey, and you had to send bananas on another monkey, and there were buildings to adver and stuffā€¦ Really cool. Thatā€™s a great project. Iā€™d love it if you tried and made this, Iā€™ll try on my side.\r\rpom\r\rwww.multimania.com/ilyaslā€¦tion2.html

Sounds neat Pom. Can you show me the script for that asteroid thats a planet killer? Maybe I could use it fer my monster so he can spit out asteroids and kill Icerbergs monster, I have suped up Dans worm, turned him into a monster but he still has no teeth, well, actually only one, looks kinda like a dork.\r\rpj\r:cool:

OK, hereā€™s a little explanation about it : (right click the link and save link asā€¦)\rwww.multimania.com/ilyaslā€¦ation2.fla\rIn the first frame, I define my functions :\r\rMovieClip.prototype.distance = function (a,b,c,d)\rreturns the distance between 2 clips of coordinates (a,b) and (c,d)\r\rMovieClip.prototype.angle = function (a,b)\rThe distance between two points has two components : on the x axis (a) and on the y axis (b). Based on that, you can find the angle between the 2 MC with the Math.atan function except itā€™s defined on [-pi/2;pi/2]\r\rMovieClip.prototype.force = function (g,m1,m2)\rgives the force applied to a MC, depending on the gravitationnal constant g, and the masses of the 2 objects\rstrengh = gm1m2/(rr) ;\rthatā€™s the gravitation\rstrenghx = (-strengh+1.4vv/r) * Math.cos(beta) ;\rThatā€™s the projection of gravitation + centripetal force on x axis\rstrenghy = (strengh+1.4vv/r) * Math.sin(beta) ;\rthe same on y axis\rIn frame two :\rthe red dot has the code :\r\ronClipEvent (enterFrame) {\rdistance (_x,_y,_root.clip2._x,_root.clip2._y) ; //between it and clip2\rangle(dx,dy) ; //find the angle\rforce (100,10,10) ; //get the force\rstartDrag ( this, true ); //you can move it\r}\rthe blue one gets :\ronClipEvent (load) { //get the coordinates of the MC to set up speed\rxold = _x ;\ryold = _y ;\r}\ronClipEvent (enterFrame) {\rxnew = _x +5 ;\rynew = _y -5 ;\rvelx = (xnew - xold) + 0.6_root.clip1.strenghx ; //speed at a given moment + strengh\rvely = (ynew - yold) + 0.6*_root.clip1.strenghy ;\rv = Math.sqrt(velx*velx+vely+vely) ; //real speed\r_x += velx ;//position\r_y += vely ;\rxold = xnew ;\ryold = ynew ;\r}\r\rYouhou !!!\r\rpom\rWelcomeā€¦ to the real world, neo.