first of all thanks to Wes and Jibble if they read this.
i took your advice seriously and redid my complete page, kicking out all the stop(); and doing nested buttons als MC instead. way, way better.
you can see the results here, just open “series”.
i have two problems and cannot find a way to solve them.
- although i define …
i can not get the button to remain alpha=50 when active, although the according swf loads correctly.
as an alternative i have tried this
this is not working either.
- instead what i get is an unvoluntary “onReleaseOutside”, meaning when i click the button, move the mouse off the button and release it then, the button appears and stays in a lighter grey (alpha=50), but the link is not working.
all very odd …
what i was trying to achive was:
- the button (agata) should look lighter when the mouse rolls over it
- should turn darker again when the mouse leaves the button
- should call up a link when clicked
- should stay alpha=50 as long as active and as long as no other button has been hit or rolled over.
my code goes like this, “RollOver”, RollOut" and “OnRelease” are working just fine:
thanks for reading, any help would be appreciated.