Help with actionscript 2.0 website with slideshow

Hi,

I hope someone can help me out, as this is driving me crazy. I am making a website in flash for my business that consists of several elements. For example i have one menu on top with the usual “contact”, “resume”, “about” and so on, and so far this is not the problem as i only need some text to show up when the button is clicked. But on the left i have another menu with different sections called “animations”, “layouts”, “illustrations” and so on, and the point is that each link is supposed to start a slideshow with my artwork depending on the category. Now, let me tell you that I am an absolute noob when it comes to websites, but somehow i figured out how to make the buttons show content, and i even created a simple slideshow (with prev and next buttons). I used the following code for the slideshow:

stop();
right.onRelease = function() {
if (_root._currentframe == 5) {
gotoAndStop(1);
}
else {
nextFrame();
}
}
left.onRelease = function() {
if (_root._currentframe == 1) {
gotoAndStop(5);
}
else {
prevFrame();
}
}

Now the only thing left to do is to actually make the different buttons show the slideshows. I have tried to embed the swf of the slideshow in the frame of my content layer that is dedicated to the layout button. I’ve had to try a few things. at first the slideshow didn’t do what i previously programmed it to: instead of me having to click next or prev, it just flipped through all the images continuously. That i fixed, but now the only thing that still doesn’t work are the buttons. they seem active when i test the movie, but they don’t take me anywhere- they’re just stuck on the first image.

I know i’m rambling here, but i hope someone understands me and will be able to help me find out what i’m missing.

Maybe it helps a little if you look at the old version of my website: www.a3on.dk - the new one is basically the same, just looks better…

Thanks! :slight_smile:

~Turtle