Greetings everyone, I am a novice to flash and I was assigned to do a school project. I have to run a simulation of a highway through which 50 cars pass every hour, on the side there is a gas station and 50% of the cars will go in each hour. So what I have to do is:
Make a total of 50 cars an hour pass
Make 25 cars go into the gas station
Make each of the latter go to an available gas pump
Stop at the pump for 2 minutes and then leave.
Make a small counter on the corner to tally up the results
I have already made the background design and the cars (not a hard task, since I copy/pasted Grand Theft Auto content many many times, so the view is going to be from top) and I have learned how to make guided motion tweens and such. What I don’t know is what would I need to make Flash make the right choices as to where to send each car or when to play each animation I’ve made, and I don’t know how to make the cars stop since making such a space on the timeline seems like the wrong way (2 minutes would take a whole lot of it).
Any help will be deeply appreciated, since I’ve spent 3 days now viewing instructional videos and still haven’t seen many of the things I think would be needed.
Thanks in advance!