Hello.
I’m in the process of making a score based Crane Game, in which the player will collect as many dolls as they can (with varying point worths) before the timer runs down. The game will have 4 difficulty modes and a high score table. Essentially, I want to make a mini game per se that anyone can play.
The game only moves across a 2D plane. So far, I’ve managed to get the crane to move and detect stuff (such as the walls, floors, tube, and dolls). However, the method of having done this is probably less than efficient. I figured I’d warn you ahead of time.
Here’s where I’m stuck at (a.k.a. the main point of the topic). I’m trying to figure out an efficient way to get the crane to grab the doll, and bring it back (or drop it, if the grab was off). Along with this, I want the doll to fall if dropped. I have a makeshift grab commented out of the Button’s code (it’s okay but doesn’t really work the coordinates well), but considering how laboured the rest of the code is, I really want it to be a part of the doll object, or something else altogether. Also, the doll has some starting code already in it, but it’s not working. And also if you’re curious, I think the Crane object has some now (probably) unnecessary code that I’m afraid to get rid of (I started with the crane object before employing a button).
I’ve attached the flash file (Macromedia Flash MX), a test version of what the real thing would be like. To play and get a feel for the game, you click and hold the button on the lower left down, and when you release, the crane takes care of the rest. It’s still imperfect, in that the crane won’t show the grabbing animation when it hits the doll, but I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. My coding is starting to scare me.