Help with fonts

HI, I USED A NICE FONT FOR MY WEB, BUT WHEN I SAW MY WEB IN AN OTHER COMPUTER, THE FONT THAT APPEARS THERE WAS THE TIMES NEW ROMAN…WHAT CAN I DO?

When you use fonts on your web site, you need to use a common font that most people have on their computers (such as Times New, Verdana, Arial, Courier, etc.); usually the default fonts all computers come with. If you use something else, that font will show up on the user’s computer as the default font, usually Times New Roman.

Not to butt in on your question, but I would like to add on to it if I may:

Is there a way that you can embed the font into your SWF where people can download the font before they see your site???

I pressumed that if the font is NOT imported via a dynamic text box…then the font is automatically embeded into the swf…

but if it is imported into the swf… [from a .txt file] then you have to use a common font…

i would be V.interested if anyone has a solution…

Cheerio’
Ben…

Howdy,

I always break apart - modify - break apart my fonts and they are no longer fonts, but basically an image. Then convert to a symbol and voila, they can be seen on anyones computer - works for me.

If anyone else knows of another way, please do tell,

Buck

That is interesting…I never thought of that one…

That’ll work.

In the design world this is what is called, “converting text to paths.” Flash handles it almost the same as Freehand or Illustrator would; however, you of course turn insignificantly-small text into considerable-sized data.

t2d