Help With Keys!

ok, new prob, I figured that it’d be easier to make a movie clip, and inside the movie clip have frames, each frame has a diff movie clip, frame on is a guy facing forward, frame 2 is the guy faceins left, and so on. In frame 5 the guy is walking forward, in 6, walking to the left, and so on. Now, here’s what I would like to accomplish (I’ve tried MANY things, not successful) I want to, when I push up on the keyboard, for the movie clip to go to frame 5 and stop, when I release, go to frame 1 and stop. When I push left, go to frame 6 in the movie clip and when I release go to frame 2. sounds simple right? Maybe mesa jus’ dumb:smirk: :frowning:

can someone please help me? Claudio? :frowning:

:beam:
Im here lol
Let me think

Is this what u want?

that is very **** close to what I’m trying to accomplish, only thing is, when I release a button, I don’t always want it to go back to frame one. If I release up, I want it to go to frame one, if I release left I want it to go to frame 2, if I release up I want it to go to frame 3 and so on

Wait let me think a little more

lol, ok, what you did in that fla, is as far as I have gotten, but i’m have trouble with the release portion

Check now.

you are the actionscript god my friend bows lol, Idda never figured out the counter thing, thanks alot

(-:
Im no programmer, im sure there should be better ways of achieving the same effect, but thats all i could come up with :slight_smile:
Thx for the complements anyway =)
Glad u got it working now