Help with scrolling text

Hey I tried the tutorial for the actionscript scrolling text…when I try it with the available source code it works…when I try to do it in my own flash movie I cant get the text to scroll…I have double, trippled and many more times checked that I have the right code for the buttons and for the text to scroll…I do. But when I go and test the movie I cant get the buttons to scroll the text…any suggestions? Thanks

when I test the movie the output box reads as follows:\r\rSymbol=arrow down, Layer=Layer 1, Frame=1: Line 1: Statement block must be terminated by ‘}’\r on (press, release, keyPress “<Down>”) {\r\rSymbol=arrow down, Layer=Layer 1, Frame=1: Line 6: Syntax error.\r\rCould someone also tell me what the output box is for?.. \r…and the text is still not scrolling :frowning:

Statement block must be terminated by ‘}’\r\r\ryou are missing a } at the end of your code\r\rand as long as everything is named correctly it should work fine.

GREAT!!! It works…Thanks!..so everytime I have a problem I should look at the output box? and whatever is in between quotation marks ’ ’ is what’s wrong?

that depends on what the problem is. But if it says that something is missing or it expects something, then you should change it.