Help with simple LoadVars problem!

Hi all! I’m working on a little flash voting widget that unfortunately has to be compiled for Flash Player 8, so no AS3 for me. All I’m doing is trying to send 3 strings to a url to register a vote. However, the API of the target url, which is used to receiving POST data from html forms, specifies something like this:

<input type=“text” name=“person[first_name]” />

So, the key string has brackets in it! My understanding of LoadVars in AS2 is that you make properties in your loadvars object containing the values you want to send, like send_lv.name – so I thought about making a “person” array as one of the send_lv properties, but I don’t think that will work the way they need it to.

Questions:
Is there a way to specify a different key string? Failing that, is there any way to construct raw http messages in AS2? Perhaps a secondary php script that would forward the info with the correct key string – does anyone know how that would work? Lastly, if I can convince them to go for AS3, is there a way to do it in that?

Thanks so much for your help guys, unfortunately, as always, they want this ASAP, so I look forward to any insights :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

–Ted