How do I check for a correct answer?

Hi - I’m writing a flash MX game for my math students so they can practice writing an equation of a line. I need to know how to their imput to tell whether it’s right or not. I’m setting the equation for the line up with blanks for them to put the slope and the y intercept, so I want to give separate feedback if they get one right and not the other. (For those of you who don’t remember, I’m talking about this kind of equation y = mx + b, where m = slope and b = the y-intercept

Little help?

I figured out which line of code to take out to get rid of the y= thing. It’s better for the students to type that themselves.

The feedback appearing in the text box (correct or error) I think will be confusing for my students. They won’t necessariy know how to delete that so they can put the next answer. Instead I want to trigger sounds to give them positive or negative feedback, as well as the counter.

It’s especially confusing right now if you make a mistake. it doesn’t seem like it gives you a chance to try a second time. I want them to have two chances before they get sent to a tutorial page. The tutorial page will give them a chance to try that problem or go on to the next one. I’m going to post it again with the new changes, but I’m not done yet.

here’s where I stand now…