How do i create an image curtain

I have seen this effect done before but cannot find the link when I need to show it as an example.

I wanted to know how to create an image curtain sort of flash. let me explain

I have about 7-8 images (maybe more later on) which are going to be masked so that only about 1cm of each image is shown.

so the stage will look like this

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8. All these will be masked so that only about 50-60 px of the image will be seen.
When the mouse rolls over an image, the image mask will expand pushing the other image masks to the right or left accordingly. i.e. if for example I mouse over the 6th image, the mask will expand from the right to the left pushing the masks of 1 to 5 to the left. Similarly if i do the same for images 1-4, the mask should expand from the left to the right pushing the images of 5-8 to the right.

Can anyone help me with this. It was a pretty common a while back.

Thanks,
vazash.

[QUOTE=vazash;2331576]I have seen this effect done before but cannot find the link when I need to show it as an example.

I wanted to know how to create an image curtain sort of flash. let me explain

I have about 7-8 images (maybe more later on) which are going to be masked so that only about 1cm of each image is shown.

so the stage will look like this

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8. All these will be masked so that only about 50-60 px of the image will be seen.
When the mouse rolls over an image, the image mask will expand pushing the other image masks to the right or left accordingly. i.e. if for example I mouse over the 6th image, the mask will expand from the right to the left pushing the masks of 1 to 5 to the left. Similarly if i do the same for images 1-4, the mask should expand from the left to the right pushing the images of 5-8 to the right.

Can anyone help me with this. It was a pretty common a while back.

Thanks,
vazash.[/QUOTE]

An example of what im looking for is here

An example of what i am looking for is here