How do I reference my main movie from an external swf?

(-: Hi there.

I’ve learnt from many tutorials and forum questions on Kirupa…
…and have gone along steadily in my task…
…but finally I’ve found something that I can’t find an answer for.

I’ve loaded a few [COLOR=royalblue]external swf’s[/COLOR] into my [COLOR=red]mainmovie[/COLOR]…
…where the [COLOR=royalblue]external swf’s[/COLOR] are individual ads.

Each [COLOR=royalblue]external swf[/COLOR] is loaded randomly at the beginning of the [COLOR=red]“side-ad”[/COLOR] movie clip…
…then there are about 90 frames of play…
…then back to frame 1…where the ad is randomly loaded again…
…and so on.

Each [COLOR=royalblue]external swf[/COLOR] has it’s own transparent button covering the ad…
…which when moving your mouse over it…stops the movie at it’s current frame…
…so that you can click on the ad and be taken to the relevant page.

My issue is this…
…like each [COLOR=royalblue]individual swf[/COLOR] movie…
…I would like to be able to stop the [COLOR=red]“side-ad”[/COLOR] movie clip in the same way as the ads…
…so when moving my mouse over the ad…the [COLOR=red]“side-ad”[/COLOR] clip should then stop at it’s current frame…
…but if I put a transparent button over the [COLOR=royalblue]external swf[/COLOR]…to stop the clip when the mouse moves over it…
…the button covering the ad becomes void…
…so the [COLOR=red]“side-ad”[/COLOR] clip stops…but the ad carries on playing…
…and when I click on the ad…it doesn’t respond…because of the other button that’s now covering the [COLOR=royalblue]external swf[/COLOR].

My solution appears to be a simple one…
…instead of having this button covering the [COLOR=royalblue]external swf’s[/COLOR]…telling [COLOR=red]“side-ad”[/COLOR] to stop…
…I suppose each individual [COLOR=royalblue]external swf[/COLOR] should reference the main movie…
…and the button telling the ad to stop…should also tell [COLOR=red]mainmovie/[/COLOR][COLOR=red]“side-ad”[/COLOR] to stop.

Is there a way of referencing my [COLOR=red]mainmovie[/COLOR] from inside an [COLOR=royalblue]external movie[/COLOR]?